Effective Date: May 25, 2018
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION. To provide and improve our Services and to support advertising and marketing, we collect information about visitors to our sites, users of our Services, the devices they use, and sometimes their locations. We collect certain information directly from you, such as when you fill out forms with a name or email address. We collect other information, usually about devices, browsers, or locations, automatically (without you typing it into a form). We may also collect information about you from other sources, such as if we purchase a list of contact information of people who may be interested in our Services. You have choices about whether you visit our sites, install our apps, or provide information to us. However, if you do not provide us with certain information, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
Device, Usage Information, and Transactional Data. We collect information about how you use our Services and the computers or other devices, such as mobile phones or tablets, you use to access our Services. Some examples include:
- IP address
- Precise geolocation information that you allow our apps to access (usually from your mobile device)
- Unique device identifiers and device attributes, like operating system and browser type
- Usage data, such as: web log data, referring and exit pages and URLs, platform type, number of clicks, domain names, landing pages, pages and content viewed and the order of those pages, the amount of time spent on particular pages, the date and time you used our Services, the frequency of your use of our Services, error logs, and other similar information
- Information We Collect from Other Sources. We may collect information about you from others, such as:
Third-Party Sources. Examples of third-party sources include marketers, partners, researchers, affiliates (like companies connected to Neudesic), and others where they are legally allowed to share your information with us. For example, if you register for our Services on another website, the website may provide your information to us.
- USE OF INFORMATION. In general, we collect, use and store or process your information to provide our Services, to fix and improve them, to develop new services, and to market our companies and their products and services. Here are some examples of how we use the information we process:
- Provide you with the services and products you request and collect payments
- Market features, products, or special events using email or phone or send you marketing communications about third party products and services we think may be of interest to you
- Choose and deliver content and tailored advertising
- Create and review data about our users and how they use our Services
- Test changes in our Services and develop new features and products
- Fix problems you may have with our Services, including answering support questions and resolving disputes
- Manage the platform including support systems and security
- Prevent, investigate and respond to: fraud, unauthorized access to or use of our Services, breaches of terms and policies, or other wrongful behavior
- Meet legal retention periods
We normally collect or use information from you or others only where we have your consent to do so, where we need the information to perform a contract with you, or where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may have a legal obligation to collect or retain personal information or may need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person. For example, when we:
- Use information to create and manage an account, we need it in order to provide relevant services.
- Use names and email addresses for email marketing purposes, we do so with your consent (which you can revoke at any time).
- Gather usage data and analyze it to improve our Services, we do so based on our legitimate interest in safeguarding and improving our Services.
- Service Providers. We share your information with other companies we use to support our Services. These companies provide services like search technology, advertising, authentication systems, bill collection, fraud detection, and customer support. Our service providers promise to safeguard your personal information and are not permitted to use it for their own purposes.
- Business Transactions. We may share your information during a corporate transaction like a merger, or sale of our assets. If a corporate transaction occurs, we will provide notification of any changes to control of your information, as well as choices you may have.
- Consent. We may share your information in other ways if you have asked us to do so or have given consent. For example, with your consent, we post user testimonials that may identify you.
Your information may also be shared as described below:
- Other users. When you allow others to access, use, or edit content in your account, we share that content with them. you invite to those rooms.
- Third Parties. When you make a payment to another user within our Services, we share your payment method details with the third-party payment processor selected by you or the other user.
- User-Generated Content. When you comment on our blogs or in our community forums, this information may also be read, collected, and used by others.
- Profile Information. When you create a profile, other users can view your profile information. If you would like to make this information private, please visit your account settings.
- Your Employer or Organization. When you create an account or user role with an email address assigned to you as an employee, contractor or member of an organization, such as email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, that organization can find your account and take certain actions that may affect your account.
- RETENTION OF INFORMATION. We keep your personal information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws. Where there are technical limitations that prevent deletion or anonymization, we safeguard personal data and limit active use of it. See Section 5 for choices about storage of your information.
- YOUR CHOICES. This section describes many of the actions you can take to change or limit the collection or use of your information.
- Profile. You are not required to fill out a profile. If you do, you can access and review this information. If any information is inaccurate or incomplete, you can make changes in your account settings.
- Marketing Messages. You can opt out of email marketing messages we send. You can opt out of these messages by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in the email message.
- Cookies and Other Related Technology. You can choose to decline cookies through your browser settings. However, if you decline cookies, you may not be able to use some parts of our Services.
- Device and Usage Information. If you do not want us to see your device location, you can turn off location sharing on your device, change your device privacy settings, or decline to share location on your browser.
- CHILDREN’S PRIVACY. Our Services are not designed for and are not marketed to people under the age of 18 (“minors”). We do not knowingly collect or ask for information from minors. We do not knowingly allow minors to use our Services. If you are a minor, please do not use our Services or send us your information. We delete information that we learn is collected from a minor without verified parental consent. Please contact us using the email address listed in Section 11 if you believe we might have information from or about a minor.
- USERS FROM OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES. By using our Services, you: